The Store - Accoountable Drugs is a strongroom for storage of accountable (Schedule 8) drugs and medications, located wihin the Pharmacy Unit. Refrigerated storage may also be required. The strongroom will require adequate ventilation and a gate door for security when the main door is open.
Additional Design Considerations:
- The strongroom should be independent of the rest of the building
structure with no beams or columns passing through the ceiling,
walls or floor
- The ceiling, walls and floor should be constructed of concrete with a
compressive strength of 70 m/p/a with either 1 cm thick tang bar
or 1 cm thick reinforcing rods in three levels in a criss cross pattern.
The ceiling, walls and floor should be a minimum thickness of 300mm.
- The door should be torch and drill resistant, fitted with a combination
lock facility incorporating duress features and an internal release
mechanism in case persons are trapped within
- A torch and drill resistant breather tube must be fitted, to comply with
- Security detection equipment should be incorporated into the alarm
system, to detect any attack on the structure
- A telephone should be installed for staff safety; the telephone should
be concealed to restrict unauthorised tampering